Thursday, November 10, 2011

Anxious to be in the woods

It has been 3 weeks since our last visit, a week longer than intended. I wonder if the critters (including the slugs) have left the new plantings alone.

This weekend I really need the quiet and solitude. I am scheduled for hip replacement surgery on my right side next Wednesday. Although I have been assured that it is a common procedure with few side effects, am in good health (still fairly fit), and have an experienced Dr. and hospital; I am still feeling anxious and fragile. Last night I had an awful nightmare so I know that there is a lot going on under the surface. I think I will feel better at the house in Ft. Bragg. The sound of the wind in the trees will calm me. Hopefully the weather will be nice enough that we can take Casey for a walk on the beach and I can limp along. This last week has convinced me of the magical properties of Aleve. Tylenol just does not do it, but is all I can take 7 days prior to surgery.

Our plan is to come back up for the Fri/Sat/Sun of Thanksgiving weekend. This weekend I want to get the house more comfortable for that stay, I don't know how if will feel that soon after surgery. Stay tuned!

Meanwhile I don't think we can pack another item into the car. I'll post pictures as the house develops some "style".

No comments:

Post a Comment